What Is Black Mold?
The Dangers of Black Mold in Your Austin TX Home or Business
Discovering black mold in your Austin residence or commercial property can be alarming. Multiple issues can lead to the growth of black mold in an environment, including water damage, high humidity and moisture, and more. If you notice any type of mold in your Austin TX home or business, it's important to have a mold inspection done immediately to uncover how bad the issue is. Mold spreads quickly, and there may be areas you're not aware of where mold is growing.
Upon finding black mold, you'll likely need mold remediation. The extent of mold remediation will depend on the severity of mold growth, which is why it's important to remove mold as soon as you discover it. Whatever issue caused the mold, whether it was water damage Austin, or high humidity and moisture, will also need to be fixed.
Our SERVPRO office is centrally located in Austin. We can help with all your mold inspection, mold remediation, and water damage issues, restoring your Austin TX property, and making it "Like it never even happened."
It's likely you've come across news reports that point to how “black mold” or “toxic mold” is what you need to watch out for. All mold is potentially harmful, and mold can cause multiple health issues. Read this article to find out more about the different types of mold, but any type of mold should be treated quickly.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of East Central Austin immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (512) 420-9886
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of East Central Austin is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- East Austin
- University of Texas
- Travis Heights
- Windsor Park
- North Point
- West Campus
- Old West Austin
- University Hills
- St. Edwards University
- Walnut Bend
- Meadows of Walnut Creek
- Las Cimas
- Wildhorse Creek
- Rathgeber Village