SERVPRO® Ready to Assist with Storm and Hail Damage
Call SERVPRO® of Downtown and East Central Austin at 512-420-9886
In recent days, Austin, Texas, has experienced a wave of severe weather, including hailstorms that have left their mark on homes and businesses across the area. With more storms predicted in the coming days, residents and business owners are concerned about potential roof damage, water intrusion, flood damage, and other issues that can arise from these weather events.
The Impact of Hailstorms
Hailstorms can be particularly destructive. The hailstones that pelt roofs, windows, and vehicles can vary in size and cause significant damage. The forceful impact of hail can lead to roof damage, cracked windows, and even structural issues. When hail combines with heavy rainfall, the risk of water damage and flooding increases substantially.
SERVPRO® of Downtown and East Central Austin to the Rescue
In the wake of severe weather events like hailstorms, it's essential to act swiftly to minimize damage and prevent further issues. This is where SERVPRO® of Downtown and East Central Austin comes in. As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO® is well-prepared to handle storm and hail damage of any scale.
Our Storm Damage Services Include:
- Roof Tarping: If your roof has been compromised by hail or storm damage, our experts will provide immediate tarping services to prevent further water intrusion and protect your property.
- Water Damage Restoration: In the event of water damage, our skilled technicians will employ advanced equipment and techniques to extract water, dry affected areas, and restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
- Flood Damage Cleanup: Heavy rains often lead to flooding. We specialize in flood damage cleanup, including the removal of standing water, thorough drying, and sanitization.
- Structural Repairs: From minor repairs to extensive structural work, our team can handle the restoration of your property, ensuring it is safe and sound once again.
Why Choose SERVPRO® of Downtown and East Central Austin?
With our 24/7 emergency response and highly trained technicians, SERVPRO® of Downtown and East Central Austin is your go-to partner when disaster strikes. We understand the urgency of storm and hail damage, and we're committed to helping our community recover quickly.
As the threat of more storms looms on the horizon, remember that SERVPRO® of Downtown and East Central Austin is here to assist with storm damage, water damage, and all your restoration needs. Contact us at 512-420-9886 to learn more about our services or request immediate assistance. When storms hit, we're "Faster to Any Size Disaster," making it "Like it never even happened."
Water Damage In Downtown and East Central Austin
Water damage in your property needs quick attention. When storms hit the Austin area, flooding becomes a possibility. If you do not address the damage to the structure quickly, you could end up with serious issues like mold in your home. Self-mitigating water damage can be tricky. The best solution is to call our certified professional at SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin.
Did you know it only takes 1-2 inches of water intrusion to damage your property?
First step to restoring your home or business after a water damage event is to take action quickly. Immediate action can help immensely in salvaging and restoring your belongings and property, including the drywall and flooring in your home or business. It is important to note how quickly water can permanently damage organic material. Unfortunately, it is only a matter of hours before your property can be left with irreversible water damage. If our certified SERVPRO professionals are called immediately, we can respond quickly and often save and restore water damage and lessen the chance of secondary issues such as mold growth.
After arriving, our certified professionals will do a thorough inspection with our moisture readers to determine the extent of and where there is potential for water damage and how far the moisture has traveled. Once assessed, our production team will use heavy duty water extractors (powerful pumps and vacuum units) capable of removing hundreds or thousands of gallons of water to pump out standing water and areas of property saturated with water.
Water Damage Repair and Restoration
SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin (512) 420-9886
SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin, Ready to Help!
At SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin we work around the clock to help clients with storm and water damage. Our certified professionals are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. When water becomes excessive, the water damage that can result from a storm can be devastating to downtown Austin and East Central Austin residents.
If you need water damage mitigation services, our storm team is ready and willing to rebuild your property to its original state. After you call us, we assess the situation. Whether the water damage was caused by flooding, storms, leaks, appliances, burst pipes, water from fire damage, or if you’re suffering from other types of water damage in need of repair, can influence the solution and process slightly. The 6 step water damage repair process is as follows:
- Step 1: Emergency Contact
- Step 2: Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
- Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
- Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
- Step 5: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Step 6: Restoration
A successful cleanup begins with thorough monitoring of the situation. This is why SERVPRO technicians use a variety of moisture measurement technologies to evaluate the extent of damage before extracting moisture, disinfecting surfaces, and drying your home. Throughout the drying process, professionals can use penetrating and non-penetrating moisture sensors and meters to determine the progress made by the cleanup process. Infrared imaging allows technicians to see behind structures to determine if subfloors, studs, or fiberglass insulation require further drying.
SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin is a full-service company that specializes in the cleanup, restoration & reconstruction of residential and commercial properties after a fire, water, or storm damage. We also provide the following services: mold remediation, HVAC / duct cleaning, vandalism / graffiti, commercial cleaning & biohazard / crime scene clean up. If disaster strikes your residential or commercial property, you can call 512-420-9886.
Fire Damage Tips For Your Downtown and East Central Austin Property
Fire Damage can be devastating to your downtown and East Central Austin home, business, or commercial building. Not only will you be dealing with fire damage and fire damage repairs, but you'll also have smoke damage and possibly water damage cleanup and water removal to attend to as well. Our SERVPRO team can help guide you through all of this. Our certified professionals are the right team to lead you through fire damage repairs and restoration. The following are fire damage tips to help guide a homeowner, business owner, or property manager after a fire.
After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
What Not To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
In addition to your fire damage repairs and restoration, for instance, you may need water extraction, water damage restoration, and smoke damage cleanup. In the event of extensive water damage, you may also be in need of mold remediation. These are all services SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin can take care of for you. Utilizing one company to handle all your restoration & cleanup needs can be extremely beneficial, not just for efficiency and cost, but also in alleviating you of any coordination needs during an already stressful period.
SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin - (512) 420-9886
SERVPRO of East Central Austin is Here for Your Restoration Needs
SERVPRO of East Central Austin can help make it "Like It Never Even Happened."
Our team is prepared for the unpredictable. Whether you have water damage, fire damage, need mold remediation, or even biohazard removal, we have the training & experience to help. Every one of us may find ourselves in emergencies that call for a quick response. If your residential or commercial property suffers fire or water damage. We want you to be prepared and know how to contact SERVPRO of East Central Austin.
Chaotic situations should be handled by professionals with the right tools to do the job efficiently. When you are choosing your clean-up and restoration team, you may be considering a few important things, such as:
- Convenient location
- 24/7 availability
- Advanced restoration and cleaning equipment
Residential and Commercial Restoration and Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of East Central Austin is your go-to restoration company! In the midst of chaos, remember, we’re here to help. We want to make the clean-up process as easy as possible for you. SERVPRO of East Central Austin has trained professionals who are quick to respond and apply the latest equipment and techniques to make your disaster in Austin and Manor look “Like it never even happened.” Call SERVPRO of East Central Austin at (512) 420-9886 for help today
How to Prepare for Winter Storms & Frozen Pipes
SERVPRO of East Central Austin
The winter season is here and snow and ice can create major issues for you and your home. As we prepare to support you, it’s best for every business and homeowner to review potentially problematic issues.
Whether it’s snow, ice, heating, thawing frozen pipes or unforeseen accidents, the combination of certain elements can destroy your property. Most people will know to be aware of frozen pipes in the house, but other issues may arise. Ice on your roof can prevent proper drainage, if heat isn’t evenly distributed, some areas may freeze, and water in frozen pipes will freeze causing secondary damage to other appliances or household systems.
Here are three preemptive ways to check in on your property.
- Insulate Your Roof
The best ice dam prevention solution is to properly insulate your roof. Heat escapes through ceilings and rises to the roof where it warms the wood and shingles above. To prevent this, check the depth of your insulation.
Anything less than 8 inches is usually not enough to prevent heat from escaping, and it's important to use foam or caulk to stop air leaks. This will not only stop roof issues, but it will also save you money on your energy bill.
- Remove the Buildup
If you notice a large amount of snow gathering on your roof, you might want to consider eliminating it. Houses that have poor ventilation can also have poor distribution of heat. By removing the snow with a push broom or shovel, you can clear any potential problem areas.
- Create Channels in the Ice
Ice dams can force water into your home through the attic. You can stop this by creating channels in the ice and draining the water into the gutters. Use a hose with warm water and melt the lower edge of the ridge. This solution is a temporary fix but could prevent a large amount of winter storm damage.
Winter storms will always be unpredictable and damaging in one way or another. Our only working defense is to focus on potentially preventable tactics.
You do not need to figure out how to prevent pipes from freezing or fix frozen pipes on your own. Feel free to reach out to us at SERVPRO of East Central Austin for additional information on how to protect your home, we're always here to help!
How to Limit Water Damage in Your Home
SERVPRO of East Central Austin
Water emergencies happen everyday and there are ways to prevent additional damage if this should occur in your home or business.
Always remember it’s important to stop the water as soon as possible. Turn off the water shut off when you notice a pipe has broken, even if you do not know where the water is coming from. Once the main water switch is off, the pipes will need to be drained. This is where you call a professional.
Once a plumber has located the broken pipe and inspected the damage, they will repair the pipe by either fixing a rupture or crack depending on the mending material that is chosen.
This is where you call us in to repair any water damage that has occurred during the unfortunate pipe burst. A lot of people ask when to call a plumber and when to call us. Once the pipe situation is secured, we can mitigate the water damage as soon as possible.
Here’s some additional ways you can prevent or avoid additional water damage in your home:
- Disconnect your water hose during a freeze. Standing water in a hose may freeze back into the pipe and create an ice block that may bust your pipes and create damage to walls and floors.
- Check and maintain your appliances regularly for leaks.
- Check your water pressure. If the pressure is too high, pipes and hoses may fail.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are cleaned out.
- Investigate leaks right away and fix immediately.
- Know the location of your water main. If you leave your house for an extended amount of time, shut it off to avoid leaks while you are gone.
- Monitor your water bill. Sometimes, the only way to realize you have a leak is by taking a good look at your water bill. If your usage jumps significantly from one month to the next without explanation, then you may have a leak somewhere.
SERVPRO of East Central Austin is always here to help. Call us with any additional questions or concerns.
Types of Water Damage & Damage it Causes
SERVPRO of East Central Austin
Knowing the difference between clean, gray, and black water can help a lot during the process and being able to understand what types of damage are covered under your insurance policy.
With any loss, there are ways to identify the level and severity of the damage that has occurred to your home.
What is Clean Water?
Clean water is water that comes from your faucet or showerhead that you can drink safely. It is also considered rainwater or snowmelt. Water damage from within your home can come from a broken water line, a busted toilet tank, a leaky washer or refrigerator, or rain or snowmelt entering your home. While clean water flooding your floors may not cause an immediate health risk, it can quickly evolve into the gray water after prolonged contact with building surfaces, material, and items. This can happen within 48 hours which is why it is important to call our team as soon as possible after a flood or water damage.
What is Gray Water?
Gray water is water that may contain chemicals or contaminants that may be harmful to your health. Gray water can come from the shower and sink drains, the washer drain, the dishwasher drain, and aquariums. Gray water can cause even more damage than clean water and can evolve into black water within 48 hours causing even further damage and health risks.
What is Black Water?
Blackwater is contaminated water from floodwaters and sewage waters. It can come from a flooded river, a backed up toilet or sewage line in your home. It can cause health effects and should be avoided.
Blackwater should be professionally removed, dried out and cleaned by professionals with the right tools and processes to ensure a thorough cleanup.
SERVPRO of East Central Austin is always here to help. Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns for future reference.
How to prepare for a storm or flood type event close to your home.
SERVPRO of East Central Austin
- Prepare a few emergency kits
- Prepare a household flood plan
- Keep a list of emergency telephone numbers
- Check your insurance policy to see if you are covered for flood damage
If flooding is predicted, make your safety a priority and if you have time try to prepare your property:
- Secure hazardous items
- Roll up rugs, move furniture, electrical items and valuables to a higher level
- Place important personal documents, valuables and vital medical supplies into a waterproof case in an accessible location
- If you are relocating, take your pets with you if it is safe to do so. If not provide adequate food and water and move them to a safer place
If rising waters threaten your home and you decide to move to a safer location, tell the police, your nearest State Emergency Service (SES) unit or your neighbors of your plans to move.
Relocating to safer ground:
- Monitor your local radio for warnings and advice
- Pack warm clothing, essential medication, valuables and personal papers in waterproof bags along with your emergency kits.
- Raise furniture, clothing and valuables onto beds, tables and into roof space place
- Empty freezers and refrigerators, leaving doors open to avoid damage or loss if they float.
- Turn off power, water and gas and take your mobile phone
- Whether you leave or stay, put sandbags in the toilet bowl and over all laundry/bathroom drain holes to prevent sewage backflow
- Lock your home and take recommended relocation routes for your area
- Do not drive into water of unknown depth and current
Too late to leave?
- Monitor your local radio for warnings
- Get to higher ground
- Switch off electricity and gas supplies to your home
- Prepare to move vehicles, outdoor equipment, garbage, chemical and poisons to higher locations
- Prepare for the wellbeing of pets
- Raise furniture above likely flood levels
- Check your emergency kits
- Do not allow children to play in or near floodwaters
- Avoid entering floodwaters,. if you must do so, wear solid shoes and check depth and current with a stick
- Stay away from drains, culverts and water over knee deep.
- Do not use gas or electrical appliances that have been in floodwater until checked for safety
- Do not eat food that has been in floodwaters
If you need help putting any of this together or still have questions about how to prepare for a storm or flood, call us at SERVPRO of East Central Austin for additional help.
Why SERVPRO as your water mitigation company?
SERVPRO of East Central Austin
The mission of SERVPRO of East Central Austin is to be the best of all water restoration companies near to you. Through responsive, reliable, and courteous professional care we:
· Provide clients with the unique opportunity to save costs through restoration versus replacement while providing a turnkey solution.
· Give homeowners the chance to save precious memories and ensure commercial clients ability to minimize revenue business interruptions
· Enable clients to enjoy living in a clean and healthy environment, whether in the workspace or in the comfort of their own home.
Our team specializes in cleanup and restoration. These projects tend to include fire damage, roof damage, smoke damage, storm damage, wind damage, or water damage.
Our staff is highly trained as a fire damage restoration service and water remediation company for property damage restoration. Our team is mindful of legal and environmental concerns as we repair and restore your property after a catastrophic event.
We understand there are budgetary constraints, insurance standards, and loss of revenue for commercial business that aren’t able to open.
Whether it is a fire, water, storm or mold emergency, it’s unlikely that you can wait for regular business hours. SERVPRO of East Central Austin provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Water damage is very invasive. It can spread quickly throughout your entire home absorbing into all your building materials, such as drywall and wood baseboards.
Our team will arrive promptly and start extracting the water. Then we will begin the process of deciding what materials will need to be removed and replaced within the location. This can include replacing water damaged floors, removing the drywall, or having to replace hardwood floors.
Multiple issues can occur within a catastrophic event. Roof, storm damage can occur from strong winds or high winds from tornado or hurricane landfalls. HVAC systems can be affected if there were prior mold growth or mold damage to the property.
A lot of people ask how to test for mold after water damage and where to find mold remediation help, these are all issues that we can provide a team for.
Our immediate response helps to minimize damage that can potentially occur and limit the chances of secondary damage onsite.
SERVPRO of East Central Austin is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must:
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy. Agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
You may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable at this time. Let us be your expert and guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of East Central Austin has the training and experience to help you through this tough time.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO professionals may be needed.
Here are some questions you will be asked:
· Your name and contact information
· Your insurance information (if applicable)
· The street address of the water damaged home or business
· When did the flooding or water damage occur?
· What caused the water damage (if known)?
· Is electricity available (on-site)?
SERVPRO of East Central Austin is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with damage to your home or business, immediate action is crucial.
Any delay can greatly increase the severity of the water damage and increase the cost of the repairs needed. When an emergency situation arises, you will know who to call to ensure time is never wasted. Call us for help on all your restoration needs.