Fire Damage Tips For Your Downtown and East Central Austin Property
Fire Damage can be devastating to your downtown and East Central Austin home, business, or commercial building. Not only will you be dealing with fire damage and fire damage repairs, but you'll also have smoke damage and possibly water damage cleanup and water removal to attend to as well. Our SERVPRO team can help guide you through all of this. Our certified professionals are the right team to lead you through fire damage repairs and restoration. The following are fire damage tips to help guide a homeowner, business owner, or property manager after a fire.
After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
What Not To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
In addition to your fire damage repairs and restoration, for instance, you may need water extraction, water damage restoration, and smoke damage cleanup. In the event of extensive water damage, you may also be in need of mold remediation. These are all services SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin can take care of for you. Utilizing one company to handle all your restoration & cleanup needs can be extremely beneficial, not just for efficiency and cost, but also in alleviating you of any coordination needs during an already stressful period.
SERVPRO of Downtown and East Central Austin - (512) 420-9886